Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I love you guys

When I started this blog a few months back I never imagined I'd hit 30 followers let alone 60. Even though 60 is a tiny number compared to some of the triple digit followers some of you have, I'm pretty excited to have made it this far. And here I thought maybe my sister and a few of my friends might be the only ones who ever read my posts.

When I decided to start blogging it was for two reasons.
1. I wanted to share my journey towards publication.
2. I heard it was a smart thing to do for writers trying to establish themselves.
Pretty simple reasonable goals, but boy did the experience surpass them. I never imagined how influential, beneficial and fun blogging would be. I love it and I can't see myself giving it up anytime soon. I love blogging. There I said it. It's pretty much an addiction as I'm sure many of you would agree. Unlike most addictions blogging has a long list of benefits that range from networking to improving your own writing. Good stuff.

So thank you to all of you who are followers and commenters. I appreciate your support and interest more than you know. YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY ROCK. If it weren't for the fact that I have actual human beings making comments on the sometimes nonsense I write I'd probably skip a few more days here and there. See what I mean? You people keep me moving!

Now keep your eyes open for my writing anniversary contest coming out Friday. I'm super excited about the little add on I thought of, and you can thank my fabulous writing buddy Jamie for making it more fun for the now one winner. I originally wanted it to be two but this will be a better prize for the winner.

6 comments:

~Jamie said...

haha yeah guys you're welcome!!!

Icy Roses said...

You are awesome, and I love your blog. Can't wait for your anniversary contest, whatever it is!

Authors Promoting Authors said...

Its so much fun dropping by Sometimes Helpful Nonsense!

Looking forward to reading about the contest.

Lisa and Laura said...

Blogging = crack for aspiring writers. That's all there is to it. Congrats on the milestone!

Little Ms J said...

My husband is actually getting a little jealous of my blogging. Whenever I start a sentence, "One of my blog followers said the funniest thing...," he rolls his eyes and asks if I want to sleep with my computer. It is truly addicting!

Abby said...

I have something for you on my blog. :D