Friday, May 29, 2009

Random Daily Guru Quote

Since I like sharing good quotes and the Daily Guru quote today was one I already posted I went into my handy folder chock full of old ones and randomly clicked on one...here it is! Pretty darn good for anyone, especially us writers. Who doesn't get confused when writing? All those hands better be raised out there!

Friday 28, September 2007
In confusion

“It is while trying to get everything straight in my head that I get confused.”
-- Mary Virginia Micka

When I get confused, when my mind is wrestling with what to do, I have learned to abandon my thought processes completely. The best solution, I’ve discovered, lies in asking my heart for direction. This requires that I stop my mental chatter, either by sitting in silence or by doing something completely different. In quiet, still space, I often know what’s needed, with a clarity I never get from the labouring of my mind. And I now know, without doubt, that when I’m confused is never the time to act. I must wait for clarity.
(no credit provided on the original email as to who said this - great job to whoever the heck it is!)

“I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks.”
-- Daniel Boone

If you like this you can sign up to receive more great quotes daily at http://www.thedailyguru.com

No comments: