Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blog Chain: Books on Writing

Lin at Lin Wang - Teen Writer started the blog chain off with this question this week: What are the best books you've read about writing?

*Hangs head in shame* Uh, yeah, I haven't read a single book on writing. Seriously.
Which of course means I have not one thing to add in response to the question. I guess this means I really need to get crackin' on reading some how to write books. Does it count that I almost bought a few books last month? Guess it will have to do...

They are from this list I found on the Editor Unleased Blog from a post by Alegra Clarke awhile back.

Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass
Hooked: Write Fiction That Grabs Readers at Page One & Never Lets Them Go
by Les Edgerton
Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by By Anne Lamott

And yes, now that I've aired my dirty laundry and told all my writing friends that I haven't read any books on writing, I think I'll go get one this weekend!

You can check out what the other girls had to say about the books they find helpful.
Monday: Lin Wang - Teen Writer
Tuesday: Somewhere Nowhere In My Kingdom
Wednesday: me
Thursday: From Elysium
Friday: Girl With a Notebook

No comments: