Sunday, June 7, 2009

I heart The Hunger Games.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who said I had to read The Hunger Games! And to think I've had it sitting in my books-to-read pile for months. Shame on me.

I finished it just now while my son is napping and oh, am I sad it's over. A M A Z I N G. Since it seems the whole world has already read this book I had to just say how much I too love it and highly suggest it. No. Demand, that you read it.

I'm still riding high on just finishing and of course my burning, red, tired eyes have suffered enough from reading that I need to get away from the computer screen, but I will of course be posting more on this book. Characters I truly care about, so much action and anticipation I can hardly wait to turn the page, detail and writing so vivid I feel like I'm the one in that horrid arena, all wrapped up in a message of what life in the future holds if we don't get our shit together...YES! Finally, another book I'm totally and utterly in love with. I may be a book snob these days but oh how I heart you Hunger Games.

Suzanne Collins, you've made me into a quivering pile of fan girl pudding with this story. I'm in awe of your imagination and talent. Now, if I can even achieve half of this in my writing, I'll be set.

September 1st - please, please, please come soon!

*Now that I've ranted enough I have to get ready to see the Dinosaur show at the arena today. I'm taking more poor child, who's not even 2 yrs old yet to see it, and who might very well cry, all because Mommy loves dinos. Seriously, is this boy not lucky to have a Mom that's not only one of the biggest Harry Potter fans in the world, but who also go crazy for dinosaurs? I'm sure he'll love it to!

4 comments:

JESSJORDAN said...

Sooo ... you're saying I should read the Hunger Games, then? :oP I need to get that darn book already!

Elana Johnson said...

I agree. It was one of the most awesome books I've read this year.

Sarah said...

MY FAVORITE BOOK EVER!!!

lisa and laura said...

That book is nothing short of AMAZING. I think I read it in 24 hours. Awesome.