Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Unintentional funny moment with a text to speech program

Ok, so I took the advice of one of my fabulous writing buddies (thanks Jamie!) and downloaded software to read my book to me. I just can't do it myself since I make it sound the way I hear it in my head, but that's another post for another day.

Anyway, my son (who isn't even 2 yet) was very curious about the creepy robot voice pouring from my laptop today so I typed some words for him. You know, his name and bye-bye, the usual toddler stuff. He liked it so I added words from songs he really likes now that don't drive Mommy crazy, one being Mamma Mia. Random, strange pick I know. Here's what I type for the crazy computer woman to say for my child...

"Hi Nathan! Up down, up down, up down! Mamma Mia, Mamma Mia! Bye Bye Nathan!"

Here is what the voice said....

"Hi Nathan. Up down, up down, up down. Mamma missing in action. Mamma missing in action."

LMAO!! I was practically rolling on the floor when I realized what it said. That was after I shook my head in confusion of so many extra words being added the first time I played it. I of course couldn't resist playing it for my sisters and mom, who also died laughing and nearly peed their pants once they too figured out what happened.

Oh lord, it felt great to laugh that hard, especially for such an unintentional thing. I think I'll go see what else this thing can do with some of my favorite inappropriate words...

6 comments:

~Jamie said...

haha so what program didja use?!?!

Eric said...

That's hilarious. I personally couldn't imagine having my WiP read by someone else out loud. Once it's done, sure. But while I'm still knee-deep in superglue, bonding the various parts together, no way. I might not be able to translate my brain to the page, but having someone else do it would drive me crazy.

Sarah said...

that's cute and so funny!

My query is actually in my blog. It's the text in the side bar explaining what my book is about. The only difference is the first paragraph is the name, word count, genre, etc. and the last paragraph has my credentials and who I am influenced by.

Anonymous said...

good

http://www.iSpeech.org

Anonymous said...

good

http://www.iSpeech.org

Drive Safely - said...

http://www.iSpeech.org