Thursday, February 11, 2010

Random Friday

This is random and to the point. (Sort of like me.)

I ordered the Percy Jackson hardcover box set! I've had the paperback of the first one but never got around to reading it. But in honor of seeing the movie Monday, I thought it was time to dive in. Cannot wait to see what Percy Jackson is all about. ; )

My visit to the local Barnes & Noble on Tuesday was a total flop. I went to pick up a copy of Josh Berk's Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin. Not only does the book sound awesome and has received raving early reviews, Josh is a fellow Pennsylvanian and a librarian in a town about an hour from here. Unfortunately, the folks here didn't realize the awesomeness of his debut novel and failed to have a copy waiting for me. The nerve. No worries. I ordered a copy with my Percy Jackson books.

And so I anxiously await the new additions to my library.

In writing related news, I'm pushing along on my fortune teller WIP. Not quite as fast as I'd like but the good news is that I'm in love with this story. Head over heels in love with this story. Wonderful news considering I'm in that whole waiting phase (fulls and partials are out with agents as we speak!) with Sage.

Ohhh, I finally joined Goodreads! If you'd like to connect you can find me here.

One last thing...

We are over 900 members strong on Fallenarchangel.com and closing in on 1000. Not to sound like a shameless plug, but if you've read Hush, Hush and loved it, please come join us and join the forum. Come on, you know you want to.

On that note, have an awesome weekend! I look forwarding to sharing what I think about the Percy Jackson movie. Anyone else planning on seeing it?

2 comments:

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

I'm on the third of the Olympian books. They're quite awesome :-)

Tana said...

I haven't read a single one! I'll need to check them out.