Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Who would you pick?

If you could present your work to one (or more) specific author (or any celebrity, for that matter) who would it be?

This fabulous blog chain question is courtesy of Kim at Somewhere Nowhere In My Kingdom. And boy oh boy did I have to think about my response. There are soo many authors I respect and admire. Not so much with the celebrities. I could easily list a dozen authors I'd love to talk to and die to have read my work and see what advice they could give me. Scott Westerfeld, Becca Fitzpatrick, J.K. Rowling, Stephenie Meyer, Eckhart Tolle, James Patterson... But, I'm going with one.

Suzanne Collins.

In case you aren't familiar with her name. She's the author of one of the most incredible books, The Hunger Games. If you're a fan then you might wonder why I'm not mentioning Catching Fire. This is because I *GASP* haven't read it yet. Yep, I'm saving it as a reward and incentive for when I finish my current WIP. (which I may take way longer than planned, but that's a different story) Crazy, I know, but I know that I won't get a thing done once I start that book!

Much like her style I'll keep this short and to the point. The reason I chose Ms. Collins, is because in my opinion she has created one of the most heart-stopping-keep-you-on-the-edge-of-the-seat-stories I've ever had the pleasure of reading. And she wrote it in first person present tense. Not an easy thing to pull off, but she does it so effectively that you feel like you literally are Katniss at times. I want to know how she does it. I want to learn how to write even half as well as she does... *sigh*

What about you?

Stop by Somewhere Nowhere In My Kingdom, Girl With a Notebook, Flames and Shadows, and From Elysium to see who they'd like to share their work with.

No comments: