Sunday, June 19, 2011

Webinars, Feedback and Vampires!

Summer seems to have finally arrived here in Northeastern Pennsylvania (I think the last of the snow melted in the backyard yesterday!).  That means plenty of sunshine, swimming, vacations, farmers markets, thunderstorms, campfires, parties and a million other awesome things. Sigh. It also means my schedule is a lot busier and the boy is out of school for the next few months. Less writing time for me. As much as I love summer and all that it brings I'm anxious to get back into my writing groove. Lucky for me I read about this insanely awesome opportunity on the Guide to Literary Agents Blog...

Cheryl Klein, Editor for Scholastic (and of Harry Potter Fame), Teaches ''How to Plot and Structure Your Novel'' on June 23, 2011 (Includes a Critique)

I can't wait to hear what Ms. Klein has to say and *gasp* have her critique my query and opening of the Middle Grade adventure story I'm currently working on! I adore this book so I'm beyond thrilled to benefit from her knowledge as I continue to work on (and hopefully improve) the plot.

Speaking of feedback and knowledge.

I want to send out a HUGE thank you to the Query Tracker team and Roseanne Wells, literary agent at Marianne Strong Literary Agency, for yet another great contest opportunity. I just received Ms. Wells critique of the first 10 pages of my YA Paranormal, DARKEST LIGHT. And WOW. I'm super grateful that she took the time to read and critique my work. I can't wait to get cracking on revisions. The hardest part will be dividing my time between writing the MG and revising the YA!

And last but not least I'm very excited to report that the last two Vampire Academy series books arrived in the mail yesterday.

I'm dying to get back to Rose and Dimitri. (spoiler alert: er, maybe not so much Dimitri as things stand where Book 4 left off) It's also sad knowing this is the end of the series. I really should listen to all of you next time you tell me I HAVE to read a book.





1 comment:

Camille said...

Oh, I can't wait to see what she says about your book! :) Also, I agree. You should definitely listen to me, your book twin, every time I recommend something. Like, for example, The Mortal Instruments :D