Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Veronica Mars, revisions, my epic fail, and why today rocks

Since I like to end on a good note let's start with my epic fail.

This blog.

I went from posting several times a week to about once or twice a month. Yikes. Total fail on my part. So a big thank you to those of you have stuck with me and kept reading the few posts I've made lately and especially those of you who have commented. Clearly, I need to get back on track and get posting again. Stick with me!

*rubs hands together* Now for the good stuff.
What the hell took me so long to watch Veronica Mars?
I've heard awesome things about VM for years but it wasn't until an agent made a remark that was about my MC having a Veronica Mars vibe that I finally got with it and started watching. I'm about 7 episodes in (and trying not to weep at the fact that it was ever cancelled) madly in love with Veronica and the show in general. Not only am I having a blast watching it, but I've had all kinds of ideas to improve my WIP. I've woven more mystery into the plot and focused on maintaining that smart and tough, yet relatable vibe my MC had in the beginning. (How dare she go soft on me in the middle like that?)

Geez, if I'd known a TV show could provide that much inspiration and breakthrough I would've watched it along time ago. Better late than never. So glad I'm on top of the pure genius that is The Vampire Diaries TV show. Speaking of Vampire Diaries--if you haven't got yourself a copy of the soundtrack that came out today, go NOW. It's fantastic! I'm plan on listening to it while I work on revisions today.

And a very big Happy Book Birthday to BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, the kick-ass sequel to BEAUTIFUL CREATURES. I was lucky enough to read an advance copy and it's amazing. Ethan Wate is one of my all time favorite characters. Ever.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

omg I love Veronica Mars! such an addicting show. i watched it a couple years ago, but i'm still depressed that it got canceled...

Unknown said...

YES, Veronica rocks! Now you make me want to re-watch it again! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man... I feel depressed again just thinking about the end of the show. It was AMAZING. I used to watch it all the time with my Dad.

Windy Aphayrath said...

I still haven't watched Veronica Mars, but it IS in my Netflix queue. Just not enough time right now. But I have never heard anyone say anything bad about the show!

And I'm trying to get to the BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS book signing at the B&N by my house next week!