Thursday, November 4, 2010

She did it. She really did it! Coming soon to a book store near you...

One of the best perks of being on  Twitter is the personal connections to be made. I've met some truly incredible people there, one of them being Miranda Kenneally. She has to be one of the most dedicated and hard working writers I've ever met. We're talking ninja-like editing skills, people. Thanks to Twitter, Miranda and I swapped pages as we worked on our current projects a few drafts back, and I owe a lot to Miranda for helping me get my book started off with a strong foundation. BUT who cares about me! Today I want to share some super awesome news about Miranda.

She has a book deal!!!!!!








Please visit Miranda's blog for the full scoop on SCORE and to congratulate her and her rockstar agent, Sara Megibow. It's awesome to see something this great happen to someone who has worked so hard to deserve it. And I can promise you this is just the beginning. On top of her fabulous writing Miranda has oodles of ideas waiting in the wings so there are sure to be many more books from Miss Miranda. (There's one more in particular that I hope the world gets to see)

And what celebratory post would be complete without a funny photo?

Yep, that's me on the L and Miranda on the R with the infamous Vordak at ALA back in June

Congratulations Miranda!

5 comments:

Katie Ashley said...

SQUEE! I'm so, so excited for her!!!! And meeting you guys on twitter and meeting up at ALA was the BEST!!!

Miranda Kenneally said...

Aww you're so sweet! But OMG - did you really post that picture of us with Vordak? Hilarious!

Rebecca L Sutton said...

Oh Miranda, I almost used one of Krista with you in the background on the phone talking plot issues with your Dad. To show how hardcore you are! lol

Krista, no fear, I have one of you I plan on using when the announcement is made on your book deal. ; ) We had a great time at ALA. Love Twitter for making that happen. You girls rock!

kah said...

Yay Miranda!!!! Gonna head over and check out her post. Love the pic. :)

Lacey J Edwards said...

I'm way late but YAY! Congrats, Miranda!
I met Vordak at BEA last year too, lol!