Monday, March 15, 2010

A 10-year-old future book reviewer needs your help!

My niece (she turns 10 this month and is one of my favorite people on the planet) reads just about as much as I do if not more. Of course, I like to think I had something to do with that since I started reading the Harry Potter series aloud to her when she was seven. We just finished this past year! If it weren't for those little distractions like, say...school, sleep, raising my own child...we'd have finished it in half the time.

My sister truly believes in supporting her daughter's love of reading (eeek she thinks she might want to be a writer when she grows up!) so they did a book review together on her blog. We all remember what it was like when you fired up the blog and decided to run your first contest or even your first post. Nerve wracking. Will anyone comment? Will anyone want the book I'm giving away? Does anybody care? Now imagine you're ten and wondering all that.

I'm all about her reviewing more books and hopefully seeing her start her own blog down the road so if any of you have an extra minute please stop by the review and enter the contest to help her start off in a positive way. Trust me, it will make her day. And mine too.
Thanks for your support!

You can find the review here.

Here they are with the book they're giving away.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Thanks for the heads up...off to explore this new voice in reviewing... =0)

JennM said...

Thank You you are a great sister and awesome aunt!!!

Nayuleska said...

Love the style of review on the blog :) *presses the follow button*