Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I could go on and on...

I hadn't really thought about writing a post in honor of Thanksgiving, but after seeing the fabulous list Lisa & Laura shared this morning I felt rather inspired to do the same. I hope you ladies don't mind if I duplicate a few of your things to be thankful for, because let's face it, many of us writers can appreciate a lot of the same things.

Family and friends.
I could chew up this whole post on how amazing my family and friends are, how supportive they are, how thankful I am for all they do. They have, and continue to go above and beyond the call of duty, and without them I shudder to think of where and what I'd be doing. Probably working a stuffy full time job in some city I hate instead of writing and loving the simplicity of life. This includes my incredible little guy who has no clue about what mommy does on the computer but who makes me laugh and inspires me to be better in every way. Then there's Jenn, who's my number one fan, tech person, fellow Fallenarchangel.com founder, and all around rock star big sister. The fact that she has read SAGE like twenty times already in its various stages says it all.

Writing buddies.
Speaking of people who have been kind enough to read some of my rather rough stages in SAGE, I couldn't give thanks without mentioning two of the most spectacular writer friends a girl could ask for. Sara and Jamie, who have stood by me since the day we connected to start a critique group. Without them my book wouldn't be half of what it is today. They didn't even call me crazy when I pulled SAGE back out and started tearing it apart last month. Love them!

This.
Becca Fitzpatrick is just as awesome in person as I imagined and after reading her blog this morning I had to share. Here's that post here. Not that I'm bragging or anything about having the chance to hang with a NYT best selling author and ask her all sorts of writerly questions and stuff, and meeting two other fabulous publishing stars. Getting to know someone who is living the dream I'm aiming for myself and having her be sooo down to earth and excited is about as inspirational as you can get. *Just please excuse the small detail that my face looks puffy and my hair is all flat in the picture.

You.
I couldn't mention each and every person here, but if you're reading this it's safe to say I'm pretty darn thankful for you too. When I started this blog I thought I'd reach about 20 followers, but here I am with 94! You mean people actually want to read my little random rants? Like Lisa & Laura said, I too am so grateful for your comments and I love reading your blogs every morning. I wish I had more time to post comments out there, but know that I am reading them and appreciate you.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your loved ones. Enjoy!

3 comments:

JennM said...

What a beautiful Thanksgiving post. I am thankful for you as well, can't imagine what my life would be like right now if you han't come back home :-) (Well, maybe I'd have more free time, but what good is that anyway?! lol just kidding!) I am thankful for SAGE (especially Gabriel, whom I love) I love reading it, even now for the 21st time. I am thankful that we can say that we had woken up at like 4:30 am the day that picture was taken and just blame it all on that! lol

lisa and laura said...

Happy Thanksgiving Rebecca! It sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for.

SO jealous that you got to meet Becca! We've got our fingers crossed that she'll do a signing in Ohio so we can stalk her!

bryna said...

lovely post!