Friday, March 20, 2009

Twilight comes home

I know there are as many non-fans as there are fans of Twilight but I confess, I am a big fan.
I say it with pride...I love Twilight! (and Edward Cullen) Yes I am officially a thirteen-year-old again.

So tonight is the night the dvd is released. My sister and I are heading out to pick my copy up at midnight at a local store for so we can watch it with a group of other women tomorrow night. For those of you that are not fans you are probably thinking how silly this seems and if you are a fan well, then you get it out without further explanation.

I feel the need to say that the books (which also have their faults) are much better than the movie. And even if you don't like either of them that's cool, we all have our opinions. But one thing you can argue with is the huge success the series has had the past couple years and it looks to only get bigger with more movies on the way. As a writer I see where some of the criticism comes from in the books and movie but clearly there is something done very right or millions of people wouldn't be obsessed with them.

But enough of my rants on what is and what isn't good about them. I love them for the way they suck you in and for the very fact that I lost a week of my life reading them. Seriously, it was amazing my child got fed! Kidding about that. I can only wish to write something powerful enough to keep a mother up all night when she knows she has to get up at 6 am to a screaming baby!

And so it's with much enthusiasm that I share my joy over finally getting a hold of that dvd tonight. Most of my excitement for watching the movie again is looking at Rob Pattinson as Edward! Ohhh so worth the cheesy scenes to see him. *swoon* Even when he looks like he smelled a pile of #!@* in biology class he looks good.

2 comments:

JennM said...

YAY!! Can't wait to see it. I am mostly looking forward to the behind the scenes stuff, "the making of", and the extras.

Of course Rob's Edward is just something I will have to endure. Yeah right, I'm not looking forward to that at all. :-) wink, wink

Emily Cross said...

Hi Rebecca,

How are you?

i'm sorry to bother you, but I've recently started up a community forum for writers called the The Writer's Chronicle(mainly for those who blog) where we can meet and discuss all that is writing with other 'online' writers. Also with the recent addition of some published author members we have decided to set up a section to support published writers and help them promote themselves and their books - as we all know how hard it is to get published and how its even harder to get a large readership!

I know this email is out of the blue, but i was hoping that you might drop in and take a look around and perhaps join if your interested?


I'd greatly appreciate it,

thanks

Emily Cross

Here is the link: http://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net/forum.htm